Thursday 17 November 2016

On miracles

There's a lot of debate in both the spiritual and secular world about what's a miracle and what's not, or if they're even real.  People seem to squabble over this always. 

I'm not even going to attempt to answer that question, but I'll just tell you a story about something neat I saw recently.  At a spiritual centre, where people come for guidance, I was sitting there listening to the speaker in my chair and a man tapped me on the shoulder, telling me to come outside with him.  Outside there was a lady coming out of her car, and he said he needed me to help her.  She was very overweight, walking unsteadily, pale and unhealthy.  He needed to help her up the stairs and I needed to carry her bags in.  My heart really went out to her.  

She said she wanted prayer for healing, she had breathing trouble as she spoke and a tube in her nostrils, so a circle of people were around her, laying their hands on her.  I joined in.

That same lady came back a week later but didn't even look like the same lady.  The tube was gone.  Her face had a healthy glow, and she was walking quickly and happily to her seat, totally unassisted. 

Some people would call this a miracle, others would say she just felt like she'd get better so she did.  Or maybe she had one of those conditions where she has good days and bad days.  

Honestly, whatever the case is, I don't know and don't care.  I didn't even think of it as a miracle when I saw her healthy: I was just happy to see her that way.  She lives far away, haven't seen her since so I don't know her health problems but don't need to.  

Instead of going over and over in my mind over whether or not that was a miracle, the only thing I focused on was that I wanted to see her better and I did.  No questions or squabbles were running through my mind when I saw her.  The only thing running through my mind was joy.  

I really need to be that way more often.  Who knows what it shall attract? 


No comments:

Post a Comment